To summarize the strategy of our spiritual warfare on behalf of the dropout believer:
1. Note or observe the behavior or works (fruit) of the flesh (Gal 5:19-21) in the dropout believer.
2. Pray for discernment by the Holy Spirit to reveal the stronghold(s) (Re: Appendix C).
3. Bind the strongman (Matt 18:18).
4. Loose the power of the Holy Spirit.
Some comments on this strategy:
1. The works (fruit) of the flesh are the obvious, visible patterns in one's life—the anger, the resentment, the substance abuse and so on. They are the visible manifestations or "servants" of the spiritual strongholds that rule one's life.
2. Only God knows the heart of a man. We may see a pattern of anger in a person and God reveals that it is due to the stronghold of pride. We may observe a pattern of anger in another person and God shows a completely different stronghold—perhaps the spirit of antichrist (unbelief). It is important to recognize that only God can reveal the spiritual source of the problem.
3. Jesus' declaration of our authority to tread on serpents and scorpions (Luke 10:19) and bind and render inoperative demon spirits must become a reality to us. We do have authority over all the power of the enemy. We exercise this authority in prayer.
4. When darkness is bound and cast out in a person, it is important that the empty spiritual place it leaves is filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. The story of the return of more demons to torment a person who is cleansed (Matt 12:43) is a pattern we must guard against. Our part in this is to ask that the corresponding spirit of the kingdom of God be released and to declare the truth of the Word concerning the dropout believer. For example, f a stronghold of pride is bound, then we ask for a spirit of humility and submission.
Continue the prayer process on behalf of the two or three people in your sphere of influence who are dropout believers, whom the Lord has shown you to engage with. For more depth on this read Hunters of the Harvest, Chapter 12 and Appendix C.
Improve your life and ministry by learning something new. Our Ministry Leadership Bundle includes 3 Books: Amplified Leadership, Breaking Intimidation and The Power of Humility. View Offer!
Get our BEST DEAL on Ministry Today magazine. Get a full year for only $12! Yes-I want this deal.