Having your ministry online opens the door to so many possibilities. Whether you are connecting with your community, growing your congregation or spreading the gospel around the world, the sky's the limit to how you can engage online to share the love of Jesus Christ.
At the same time, most are unaware that there are guidelines to follow to keep your online interactions legally compliant. Let's walk through from start to finish how to establish churches and ministries online and keep them protected.
Establish and Protect Churches and Ministries
If God has placed a calling to start a church on your heart, you can begin the journey of bringing that vision alive today. As you move forward, you'll want to protect what God has called you to lead. Let's take a look at how to legally establish your organization.
Here are the five steps to establish your online ministry:
1. Secure your name. Establishing your name creates your identity in your community, gives you legal representation and determines your brand. To check if the name you want is available, visit your Secretary of State's website.
2. Get incorporated. Now you will begin to establish the legal foundation for your church or ministry. Incorporation will look different per state, so be sure to check your Secretary of State's website for the specific incorporation process.
3. Create a brand. Branding is how people will recognize your ministry as you engage with your community. You want to have a consistent message to communicate your ministry's values and vision effectively.
4. Take your church or ministry online. After establishing your brand, you will want to create your online presence. We cover more of this topic in the next section.
5. Start your 501(c)(3) approval process. And lastly, once you have completed your incorporation process with the state, you will want to apply for your 501(c)(3). This allows you to receive tax-deductible donations.
If you wish to go further into these steps, we have a previous blog on this very topic here.
Do you need help getting your church or ministry incorporated? Look no further than our StartRIGHT Service! Give us a call today at (833) 827-3062 to learn more, or click the link below!
For the rest of this article, visit startchurch.com.
Reverend Christine Bové works on StartCHURCH's Digital Products Team. Every day, Christine serves to create products to better the lives of pastors and ministry leaders. She also serves as a StartSITES Creative Specialist and serves on the Tech Support Team. She is passionate about curating experiences to help pastors and ministry leaders, equipping them to serve their best and make their dreams come true.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.