This year's crop of high school and college graduates is coming into the best job market in 50 years.
Even so, many are woefully unprepared for productive work because of poor education and the effects of a culture of entitlement.
Here are some ideas to make your workforce debt a success:
- Make yourself more valuable. There's always room for hard workers with a good attitude.
- Dress for success. Get some real clothes to have a real job.
- Be cheerful and pleasant. If you're not happy working, they can find someone who will be.
- Clean up your act. Dopers, drunkards and dirty talkers are losers in the workplace as well as in life.
- Avoid idleness. If you can't get paying work, give your services to your church or a charity to keep your work skills from decaying. Someone will notice.
- Learn new skills. There are plenty of ways to earn money that do not require a college degree.
- Become literate. It's not too late to learn to read, speak, and write.
- Be a giver. When you work, do more than expected, and your value to your employer will increase. So will your pay.
- Don't play the blame game. People overcome adversity every day by moving forward, not blaming others.
- Have faith. Faith consists of acting on your beliefs and hopes. Without it, you get nowhere.
- Don't quit. You can change your circumstances if you keep trying.
"He becomes poor who deals with a slack hand, but the hand of the diligent makes rich" (Prov. 10:4).
Ron Allen is a Christian businessman, CPA and author who serves in local, national and international ministries, spreading a message of reconciliation to God, to men and between believers. He is founder of the International Star Bible Society, telling how the heavens declare the glory of God; the Emancipation Network, which helps people escape from financial bondage; and co-founder with his wife, Pat, of Corporate Prayer Resources, dedicated to helping intercessors.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. Enroll in the FREE Mini-Course to experience Dr. Rutland's training for yourself and then enroll for the full training that will change your life and ministry.
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.
NICL Training offered in FL, TX and GA - Learn everything you wish someone had taught you about business and ministry before you finished seminary. Gain the knowledge that will help propel your life and ministry to the next level as you implement practical lessons from Dr. Rutland's training. Training Dates and Details.
The NICL Online is a brand new option for those church and ministry leaders who cannot attend the in-person training. Now, you can receive all 60-hours of Dr. Rutland's training from the comfort of your home or ministry for a full year. Learn more about NICL Online.