With the resumption of college coming up, it's time for a few ideas about finances.
- Community colleges are cheaper and better than the first two years at a four-year school. Stay home, and the only college experience you'll miss is the student debt trap experience.
- Avoid colleges that market their recreational facilities. You'll be paying for them for the rest of your life.
- Most students can get scholarships and grants which do not have to be repaid. Only suckers pay the sticker price.
- Make sure your college major can lead to a good job. Some majors, like history, are more fun as a hobby you can enjoy with the money you make from a real job.
- Work all you can to minimize your student debt. It seldom hurts your GPA.
- Student lenders have super creditor rights which override normal borrower protections. Be sure you understand what you are signing up for.
- Because of the harsh student debt laws, there is now some movement to help the unemployed and underemployed debtors. Keep up with those programs if you are struggling to pay your debt.
- Don't wait for the government to solve the student debt mess. They created it. It's up to you to take control of your financial life.
- Some student borrowers are delaying marriage and home purchases to get out of debt. Remember Abraham Lincoln, who built his life before he paid his debt and thereby achieved his destiny.
- It is our experience that there is a path out of financial bondage for everyone. Just don't quit looking.
- The American Dream is not dead, and you can overcome your setbacks to achieve it. Don't lose hope.
Don't let the greedy universities and student lenders keep you from achieving your destiny.
Ron Allen is a Christian businessman, CPA and author who serves in local, national and international ministries spreading a message of reconciliation to God, to men and between believers. He is founder of the International Star Bible Society, telling how the heavens declare the glory of God, and the Emancipation Network, which helps people escape from financial bondage, and co-founder with his wife, Pat, of Corporate Prayer Resources, dedicated to helping intercessors.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. Enroll in the FREE Mini-Course to experience Dr. Rutland's training for yourself and then enroll for the full training that will change your life and ministry.
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.
NICL Training offered in FL, TX and GA - Learn everything you wish someone had taught you about business and ministry before you finished seminary. Gain the knowledge that will help propel your life and ministry to the next level as you implement practical lessons from Dr. Rutland's training. Training Dates and Details.
The NICL Online is a brand new option for those church and ministry leaders who cannot attend the in-person training. Now, you can receive all 60-hours of Dr. Rutland's training from the comfort of your home or ministry for a full year. Learn more about NICL Online.