Here are some telltale signs your children's ministry is on life support and needs an infusion of health and vitality:
1. You have to close classrooms because you don't have enough volunteers to open them. Here's help.
2. You don't see kids, parents or volunteers smiling.
3. Parents are having to make their kids come to church. Here's help.
4. First-time guests don't return. Here's help.
5. The number of kids in your church is less than 10 percent of the overall attendance.
6. You don't have any teenagers serving in your children's ministry. Here's help.
7. You ask the pastor to beg for volunteers. Here's help.
8. People are serving out of necessity rather than passion.
9. When parents ask their children the famous question—"Did you have fun today?"—The answer is "no." Here's help.
10. There is no money to purchase supplies, resources and crafts. Here's help.
11. You don't hear giggles and laughter in the hallways.
12. Your ministry calendar is full, but not effective. Here's help.
13. Kids' attendance is declining. Here's help.
14. All of the volunteers have been serving since Noah got off the ark and are burned out.
15. The kids are shoved in the basement or get the leftovers when it comes to ministry space. Here's help.
16. Volunteers are having to serve in multiple areas to keep things going.
17. There is more talk of what God did in the past than what He is doing now.
18. Your elementary playlist includes "Father Abraham," "Deep and Wide" and "I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy ... Down in my Heart." Here's help.
19. There were very few, if any, babies dedicated last year.
20. There were very few, if any, kids that stepped across the line of faith last year. Here's help.
21. There were very few, if any, kids who were baptized last year. Here's help.
Dale Hudson has been in Children's Ministry for over 25 years. He is the director of children's ministry at Christ Fellowship Church in Palm Beach, Florida. Christ Fellowship has nine campuses and ministers to over 22,000 people on weekends. Dale leads a Children's Ministry staff team of over 50 and a volunteer team of over 2,600.
For the original article, visit relevantchildrensministry.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.