Most readers of this blog work in the kingdom marketplace. You do business as unto the Lord.
If this is true for you, I have one question:
Do you want to help people? Which comes first in your heart and mind—helping people or making a profit?
Certainly, success allows us to serve more people. We work hard to develop products, services, marketing and distribution systems to operate profitably. But do you do business to help people?
The amoeba cell of a kingdom business must ooze a ministry of helps.
If you want to help people:
- Launch your service quickly. There is no time for fine-grade sandpaper. Help people now. Refine as you go. As Seth Godin says, "Ship it."
- Ask for nothing until you have moved first. Remember you are in business to help people. A Spirit-led business is operated by people who know the source of their revenue.
- Understand that it is difficult to find people to help. We can't show up on doorsteps and proclaim, "This is your lucky day. I'm here to help you!" Many people do not want help. Keep moving.
- Some people ask for help but place little value on what they receive. It's really not that important to them. The first signal that your help is negotiable is price haggling. Value is not negotiable. We help people who want help. "Can you do this for a lower price?" is the first wave of rejection of your offer to help. When Jesus was rejected, He dusted his feet and looked for others to help.
- Know that there is an abundant supply of people who need help. Is there a marketplace for how you help people? The world is flat. Perhaps people who live in your zip code are happy and needless. Reach out past Judea.
Build your business around the concept of helping others better. Who helps the most people, the most?
Instead of asking for referrals as a selfish seller of goods, ask people you have helped to tell others about how you helped them. Go and tell others what Jesus has done for you.
Don't allow the heart of this message to pass you by.
Do you want to help people?
"Here are some of the parts God has appointed for the church:
first are apostles,
second are prophets,
third are teachers,
then those who do miracles,
those who have the gift of healing,
those who can help others,
those who have the gift of leadership,
those who speak in unknown languages" (1 Cor. 12:28, NLT).
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. Enroll in the FREE Mini-Course to experience Dr. Rutland's training for yourself and then enroll for the full training that will change your life and ministry.
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.
NICL Training offered in FL, TX and GA - Learn everything you wish someone had taught you about business and ministry before you finished seminary. Gain the knowledge that will help propel your life and ministry to the next level as you implement practical lessons from Dr. Rutland's training. Training Dates and Details.
The NICL Online is a brand new option for those church and ministry leaders who cannot attend the in-person training. Now, you can receive all 60-hours of Dr. Rutland's training from the comfort of your home or ministry for a full year. Learn more about NICL Online.