Some of life's greatest lessons come packaged in a hard personal experience.
I've learned a few things in life, but truly, the greatest things I know came through mistakes, failures and disappointments.
Here are 10 hard-to-learn life lessons:
- A "lesson in humility" teaches far more than an "ego boost."
- Often, in my experience, what I don't want to do is the very thing I need to do the most.
- The best friends sometimes say the hardest things to hear.
- Sometimes it's not until you give up the right to control that a breakthrough comes.
- People are more honest with you if they can predict your reaction.
- We hurt most the ones we love the most.
- Very few people can really comply with "don't tell anyone."
- You never get a second chance at a first impression.
- God's way is better than my own.
- Rebuilding trust is more difficult than keeping established trust.
Ron Edmondson is the senior pastor at Immanuel Baptist Church in Lexington, Kentucky.
This article originally appeared at ronedmondson.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. Enroll in the FREE Mini-Course to experience Dr. Rutland's training for yourself and then enroll for the full training that will change your life and ministry.
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.
NICL Training offered in FL, TX and GA - Learn everything you wish someone had taught you about business and ministry before you finished seminary. Gain the knowledge that will help propel your life and ministry to the next level as you implement practical lessons from Dr. Rutland's training. Training Dates and Details.
The NICL Online is a brand new option for those church and ministry leaders who cannot attend the in-person training. Now, you can receive all 60-hours of Dr. Rutland's training from the comfort of your home or ministry for a full year. Learn more about NICL Online.