Join Dr. Steve Greene as he uses wit and wisdom from his 40 years of personal experience in marketing and ministry on the Greenelines podcast. Listen now.
I want to hear His still small voice.
I think most of us wake up in the morning with a strong desire to hear God's voice. Perhaps we actively seek His voice throughout the day.
Yesterday, I spent over an hour with Jennifer LeClaire, our excellent editor of Charisma magazine. We are working on a story together and the Holy Spirit joined our call.
I remember one segment of our chat very clearly. We were discussing the demand on leaders to quiet their space long enough to hear God's voice. We lead in an environment of distractions emanating from smartphones, email, meetings and assorted other noise makers.
We shifted our focus to the home. As leaders in our homes, do we demonstrate an effort to hear the Lord? Then, do we take intentional action to hear our children? Do we listen to their small voices?
I'm provoked to ask a similar question of marketers.
"Do you listen to the voice of your customers?"
The best consultants I've ever met are our customers. Listening is an intentional act. Do you have a "How to Listen" manual for everyone on your team?
1. Set standards. Define who, when and how often your organization should listen to customers.
2. Create listening posts. At every point of contact with a customer, establish a method for feedback.
3. Schedule monthly meetings. Review all feedback. Where is the truth in what customers are saying? If you have people in the room who complain about what customers are saying, throw the bad listener out of the meeting. We don't need defensive listeners because they are NOT listening.
4. Codify feedback. Keep records over time. Keep score. What did you hear and when did you hear it?
5. Do something about it. What is the takeaway that should lead to action?
Better marketing begins in silence.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president of the media group at Charisma Media and executive producer of the Charisma Podcast Network. His book, Love Leads: The Spiritual Connection Between Your Relationships and Productivity, is now available.
Leaders, Dr. Greene wants to help you understand the spiritual connection between relationships and productivity. Read his new blog, Love Leads.
Improve your life and ministry by learning something new. Our Ministry Leadership Bundle includes 3 Books: Amplified Leadership, Breaking Intimidation and The Power of Humility. View Offer!
Get our BEST DEAL on Ministry Today magazine. Get a full year for only $12! Yes-I want this deal.