An abundance mentality implies we have what we want and want what we have.
In this blog, I'd like for us to consider how a healthy view of scarcity can stimulate abundance.
But first, this caveat—My God shall supply all my needs. "I come that you might have life and have it more abundantly." The Lord is my abundance.
Feelings of abundance or scarcity are largely a matter of choice and perspective. When I consider scarcity, it has little to do with stuff in the U-Haul. I hope I have learned that spiritual scarcity makes all quests for abundance as pure folly.
I approach this topic as fuel for leaders to identify scarcity and build abundance. Leaders approach their day with open eyes and ears and note obstacles to production. The best leaders move the organization through scarcity problems and create abundance. A few areas to consider:
- Scarcity of skills. What are we missing? Do we hire or train? What new skills will be needed on the horizon?
- Scarcity of attitudes. It's one thing to identify that bad attitudes exist on our team, but effective leaders don't allow a bad attitude virus to explode. The best change agent for attitude deficits is training.
- Scarcity of thinking. It's easier to get it done than it is to think about it. Thinking must be encouraged. Think tanks should be welcomed and fortified. Original thoughts grow in healthy Petri dishes.
- Scarcity of generosity. People change as they become more generous. Giving time and resources is a key indicator of living to serve others. Scrooge may accumulate assets but never achieve true happiness. I also believe that generosity is a learned trait. Great leaders are models of generosity.
- Scarcity of patience. We must lead people who display little patience with great patience. Teaching patience is a process, not an event. When microwaved outputs are available and all fruit seems to be low hanging, an expectation of "faster is better" develops to the detriment of an organization. Leaders must move quickly, but not fast. Deadlines must not be suggestions and yet, allow time for quality output.
Scarcity can become routine. "It is what it is."
But not what it could be with an injection of abundant thinking.
Valuable outputs are not routine.
"There is one who scatters, yet increases; and there is one who withholds more than is right, but it leads to poverty" (Proverbs 11:24, MEV).
Platform Tip No. 147
Our primary goal in platform development is to help our audience with their felt needs.
Our job is not to create a problem for our solution.
Attract rather than force.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president of the media group at Charisma Media and executive producer of the Charisma Podcast Network. His book, Love Leads: The Spiritual Connection Between Your Relationships and Productivity, is now available.
Leaders, Dr. Greene wants to help you understand the spiritual connection between relationships and productivity. Read his new blog, Love Leads.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Steve Greene is now sharing stories, teachings, and conversations with guests who lead with love on Love Leads, a new podcast. Listen now.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.