Unfortunately, pastors and staff members are forced out of churches every week. It's a pain that many in the ministry have felt at least once and maybe more. Today, we discuss how to respond when it happens to you.
Some highlights from today's episode include:
- For the sake of your family, you can't have a victim mentality when you're forced out of a church.
- If you're forced out of a church, take care of your family. Don't take it out on your family.
- There's no perfect church because they're full of imperfect people.
- You can't give up on churches just because one had toxic leadership.
- When you're hurt deeply, one way to help the recovery is to remember how God has blessed you.
- Self-pity can be toxic—just like bitterness.
- Silence from your friends when you're being forced out of a church is often what hurts most.
- Don't ever stay on the sidelines when someone is going through the same pain that you've been through.
The seven responses we discuss are:
- Take care of your family.
- Pray with specificity.
- Find a healthy church.
- Move carefully before taking another ministry position.
- Count your blessings.
- Become an advocate for other victims.
- Don't give up.
Click here to listen to the full podcast.
Thom S. Rainer is the president and CEO of LifeWay Christian Resources. Previously, he served the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary for 12 years, where he was a founding dean of the Billy Graham School of Missions and Evangelism.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Steve Greene is now sharing stories, teachings, and conversations with guests who lead with love on Love Leads, a new podcast. Listen now.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.